Posted by: anathiwe | 2012-02-28

I don''t know if this is the right place to ask this..

Is it possible to overdose on coffee, I always throw two spoons of coffee no matter what size my cup is. yesterday my I was using a small cup my friend stopped me from throwing the second spoon cause he thought I''ll be overdosing.My question is, given the different sizes of cups, how many spoons of coffee must one throw to make it tastier or just right for that cup size?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Aathiwe,
Yes, this is not really the forum for this question. However, what I will say is that caffeine is quite addictive and you need to be careful how much you consume per day. I assume you are having coffee granules. I would say one or two cups of coffee a day would be fine. You should probably have one heaped teaspoon (about 7ml) per cup of water (250ml). Consider decaffeinated if you are concerned about your caffeine intake. Also, watch your diet sodas, as they are also high in caffeine.