Question
Posted by: Annelise | 2010-10-18

Overdeveloped organs

Good day,

I was wondering if there is any condition in which ones internal organs are slightly overdeveloped for the body''s cavities and thus creating pressure on the organs? My tongue for example is slightly too large for my mouth as when it is relaxed would hang slightly out of the front of my mouth. I also often get spasms in my jaw and neck from pulling back on the togue all day. I also have IBS and urinate frequently and when i do not relieve myself immediately, it seems to aggravate my IBS. Also my lower stomach always seems distended far beyond my upper abdominal region almost as if i had given birth (which i haven''t) except it''s not just loose skin, but more of a tight swollen distension. Could this just be loose muscle?
Thank you!
Annelise

Hallo Annelise
A swollen tongue could be a sign of certain endocrine diseases like overactive growth hormone or underactive thyroid, amyloidosis can also cause this as well as enlarged liver and spleen. Maybe you should see a physician to see if they can find a reason for your symptoms?
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Annelise | 2010-10-21

I have been to a GP and Gastroenterologist, and as they did not pick up ulcers on the G &  C Scopes, they are just recommending medications for IBS?

Reply to Annelise
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-10-19

Hallo Annelise
dr Bets