Posted by: Fayaza | 2011-07-28

Overactive thyroid

Hi Doc. My hubby has an overactive thyroid and has been on neomercazole for the past 6 years. It has been more or less under control but has suddenly flared up again. He has been complaining that he has been feeling weak, which was one of the symptoms when diagnosed. Are there any vitamins / supplements which could perhaps help him. Our fasting month is also approaching and I am concerned that he will be even more drained out. I see vital vitamin expert is not availble until 04 August. Your advise would therefore be most appreciated.

I am not aware of any vitamin supplements that will definately be of any benefit for his underactive thyroid. He should consult his doctor or endocrinologist for blood tests to determine if his medication should be adapted to control his overactive thyroid.