Question

Overactive thyroid

I would like to know if you could get blind from periods of untreated overactive thyriod (graves syndrome) as my physician recommends radio active iodine injection as I belief not to distroy something thats working rather I' ll drink neomarcazole which I prescribed but its the second time it flaired up. Whats your opinion recarding the use of pills to treat the condition as I don' t want to become blind if this could be?

Hallo Anonymous
If you have bulging eyes because of the over active thyroid, this can cause traction on the eye nerve and cause permanent damage and blindness. It can also cause heart failure and osteoporosis. Radioactive treatment is commonly done and usually works quite well. See also
http://www.endocrineweb.com/hyper4.html
dr Bets

1

I' ve to drink 6 pills for 6 weeks and then 4 for 1 month and then go for another bloodtest. one reading ought to be not more than 18 and it was 37