Our expert says:
The best advice that I can give you without knowing more of your symptoms:
• Limit intake of foods and drinks that may irritate the bladder of stimulate the production of urine e.g. alcohol, caffeine, coffee, tea and fizzy drinks.
• Drink 6-8 glasses of fluid throughout the day.
• Maintain healthy bowel actions. Eat high fibre foods such as whole-wheat bread and pastas
• Stop smoking
• Lose weight if obese
Bladder training – the bladder consist of muscles and the retraining of these muscles will strengthen them and reduce the leakage of urine from the bladder
• Gradually increase the time between visits to the toilet
• Stick to our bladder training schedule even when you are no in your normal environment
• Increase your time intervals by 15min until you reach an optimal time which is comfortable for you
Pelvic Floor muscle exercises
• The idea behind Kegel exercises is to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor – done incorrectly, they can be harmful. Biofeedback isn't only strengthening but relaxation, it is a very different process than Kegel exercises. Using Biofeedback we isolate the correct muscles and have an accurate sense of the level of work the muscle is experiencing. If you simply strengthen the muscles without learning how to relax them, you may make your incontinence worse.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.