Question
Posted by: Prudence | 2012/01/10

Over weight &  miscarriages

I am obese (90kg) height 1.61 meters. I am well aware of how ovulation works &  my periods are regular. I have timed both pregnancies &  falled pregnant on the 1st try but both resulted miscarriages &  had D& Cs. 15weeks in Oct 2010 &  6weeks in May 2011. I am trying to lose 20kg &  taking pregnancy vitamins everyday. What else?

Dear Prudence

The problem is mainly that of pregnancy loss and not infertility. Since the miscarriages have occurred in different trimesters (1st and 2nd respectively) the causes may be different for each and they may thus be unrelated. One of the more likely causes of both may be an infection, most probably an asymptomatic vaginal type. A vaginal swab test together with blood work may help to identify the type of infection. In the next pregnancy care should taken to prevent such infection occurring again.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/01/23

Dear Prudence

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert