Question
Posted by: Sherry | 2012/07/31

Over the counter treatment for genital warts

Hi doc,

Please could you give me the name of an over the counter cream that I can buy here in South-Africa to treat genital warts? I have seen a soctor before and had them burned off but I would now like to try a cheaper alternative to see if it works. I have also had pap smears and they all came back normal.

Thanks in advance

Sherry

Unfortunately, there is no cheap over the counter alternative. You can ask your pharmacist Aldara cream. It is very effective but quite expensive. The treatment will cost +/- R700.

9
Posted by: sarafrye | 2016/03/30

Aldara is a topical cream used to treat genital warts, minor form of superficial skin cancers (superficial basal cell carcinoma), and actinic keratoses. It is an immune response modifier that works by stimulating the body's own defence mechanisms to fight the virus. You can buy this from here http://www.internationaldrugmart.com/aldara.html

Reply to sarafrye
Posted by: sarafrye | 2016/03/30

Reply to sarafrye
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/13

Hi i have warts inside on my vagina n outside plZzz its stessing me there is something that can take wart off permanently?

Posted by: anonymous PE | 2015/10/21

Hi Doc I have a problem with Anal warts... So now I want know what can I use to get rid of these Warts on my anal sarrounding?? Please help!

Reply to anonymous PE
Posted by: mogale monene | 2015/02/06

i have genetal warts but i dont afford that money .what can i do ?

Reply to mogale monene
Posted by: Jessica | 2014/10/25

I hope you have researched Aldara!! I can't believe a doctor would prescribe this.. The only reason it's out there is lack of knowledge on it or kick backs from recommending it.

Reply to Jessica | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/11/11

Hi Jessica, I just started using Aldara, why would you say that its bad for you?

Posted by: Timothy | 2014/09/04

Good day I have been trying to find Aldara cream to no avail, do you know which pharmacies might have aldara cream, would I need a prescription for the cream??

Reply to Timothy | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Jessica | 2014/10/25

Please do your research on Aldara, I hope that you can find a natural option, and there are many. It's not worth hurting yourself long term.