Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/06/12

Over the counter pill?

Hi I've recently relocated to CT, so don't have a Gynae or a GP yet.
In the past I was on Diane35 then changed to Marvelon due to the cost. I used to get the Marvelon from a Clinic sister at a pharmacy.
I then moved onto Yasmin as per my GP's request.
I have now been off the pill for about a year and would like to start taking a mild good pill. What over the counter pills can I get?
Can I go back onto Yasmin without a script? Or even Marvelon?

Dear Worried
You have to see a doctor first - there are some things that needs checking before you start taking contraception and that needs to be monitored too - like your blood pressure for example. After that you can get a repeat script for 6 months.

1
Posted by: Carlie | 2008/06/12

Worried,

You need a perscription for most pills, unless you go to a local clinic. the most common pill you can get is Triphasil, which you can get in advance for 6 to 12 months.

If you want a GOOD mild pill, the best way is to get a perscription from a GP or Gynae.

Hope this helps.

c

Reply to Carlie