Posted by: Nicole | 2009-04-09

Over the counter.

My GP recently gave me tablets which i did ask for regarding my low iron levels, so he gave gave tabs for iron, vitamins &  for my blood. I lost alot of weight beginning of last year &  i eat so much &  i exercise on a regular basis but i cant seem to be gaining weight. He did however tell me that i need to take those tabs regularly for 6 months &  then expect to see results. My supply for about a month is almost finished. I want to know if i can get those tabs from the pharmacy or do i need to go back to him. The iron tabs are pale yellow &  for my blood its a tiny Orange like tablet. Would i be able to get it over the counter instead of going back every month?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Nicole,

I'm almost certain that these would be availble without a prescription. Ask your local pharmacist.