Question
Posted by: Aboy | 2008/07/29

Over-sensitive glans

Dear Doctor

I have always had a problem with my tight foreskin. I am now 20 and at last I have reached a stage, after stretching exercises, where I am able to fully retract it

I however have a big problem now. My glans is over-sensitive and I cannot manage to touch it, and therefore also battle to clean it. Why is this? Apparently this is a problem to guys who only get the glans exposed later like me.

Can you PLEASE give me advice for this. Is there a desensitising cream I can use that will just enable me to get it cleaned and touchable in order to make it used to being touched?

I will appreciate your advice. Circumcision was suggested a few years ago, but I have now proved that it isn' t necessary.

I will truly appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Dear Aboy,
You can try Remicaine jel on the glans to reduce sensitivity.