Question
Posted by: Dan | 2009-02-10

Over sensitive

Im really over sensitive this is something that ruins my quality of life and ability to just get on with things, im 16 and basically get really offended over the smallest of things that may not have been intended to offend me and/or are things normal people would not batt an eyelid at, ive tried not letting it get to me but it does not work I cannot be something im not and this is something that comes from deep inside me. Is there anything I can do all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Dan,

you need to give some thought to why you feel you are over-sensitive? Do you perhaps feel like you have a low opinion of yourself and have low self-esteem so that when people say things to you that are a joke you take them seriously?

If so, I would ask you to consider counselling asa way of exploring the self-esteem issues in terms of where they come from and how you address this to become more positive about yourself.

If you recognise yourself as a good person you will be less likely to take offence at what people say.

1
Posted by: STALLION | 2009-02-11

You are certainly still a teenager and may act as a teenager. But at all times try to act more mature. Before you do or say something or react to something, try to place yourself in the position of somebody that are impressing you with his conduct. Try to follow his examples.

Reply to STALLION