Posted by: Icecold. | 2009-02-02

Over Heating\ Sweating with any task

Please help:
It seems to be getting worse. I' ve always had a high body temperature and have put it down to a fast metabolism or whatever but have never thought it to be a problem. Nowdays if I' m thirsty, just the act of drinking fridge water will make me sweat and over heat. I can' t do anything without breaking a sweat. I' m not over weight for my height\age etc but I can' t find any solutions on the net. No drugs recreational or otherwise so it can' t be that. I sleep with a fan on me and can' t use a blanket thicker than a sheet. Even after a hot shower I end up sitting infront of the fan feeling like I need a shower.... Its really embarrassing, especially on long hikes or any sport.

Anyone with similar problems,
I really need help and want to go to a doctor but need to research and get info first. Obviously want to find the right doc too....

Dear Icecold
Start of by visiting your GP - there are a few basic things he can do at low cost - check your thyroid, your blood sugar levels, your esterogen levels if you are female, your adrenal glands, look for any underlying infections - he can then refer you to a specialist if needed.
Kind regards

Posted by: Philip | 2009-05-13

My body temperature averages around 35.8oC in the morning, so very low. I suffer from " brain fog" , am overweight/obese, but cannot lose weight (but do not pick up weight quickly) and struggle to concentrate. The brain fog lifts a bit after a hot shower or a short, intensive exercise stint. I have always done well at school, but struggle to pass exams nowadays. Is there anything you can recommend?

Reply to Philip
Posted by: Icecold. | 2009-02-03

Wow. I guess I was just expecting a little more than that.

Reply to Icecold.
Posted by: Zeenat | 2009-02-02

Maybe it' s your blood pressure

Reply to Zeenat