Question
Posted by: Neo moema | 2012/01/17

Over exited dog

My dog becomes over exitf when it sees pleople how do i change it to aggression

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Neo, why on earth would you want the dog to bite visitors and children coming to visit you or you see in the street??? If you want to do what is termed 'manwork' where your dog is taught to attack (and this is only on command), you and the dog will have to undergo extensive training with a professional in this regard and in my own opinion, it is not a good idea. Dogs are naturally social animals and it is far better to have a dog that greets people in a happy, well behaved manner than a dog that wants to take somebody's head off - accidents happen and having a dog that is more likely to attack is like having a loaded gun in your hand - dangerous!
In my own experience, even a well mannered, totally sociable dog will do what comes naturally when it feels that you (its pack) is being threatened - react accordingly with aggression. If you want to go the route of manwork, you can Google and see who is offering this type of work. There are two people in Johannesburg that I personally know off and if will put you in touch with them if you decide to do this. Having a dog that is attacked trained means that this dog has to be highly trained and nobody will teach you until you have complete and utter control over the dog. Thks Scotty

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012/01/18

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert