Question
Posted by: Ritchie | 2011/09/02

OVER EATING DISORDER

I am a male aged 53 yrs height of 1.87 and weighing 186kg''s. I have this constant urge to eat &  do not know when to say enough is enough. I suffer from Hypertension &  am on co-renitec 20mg.I luckily am not diebetic. I also have osteo-arthritis and had both my knees cleaned by an orthopedic surgeon who made two incisions on the side of my knees and inserted a camera while looking at the screen &  did the debridement. I know that this is a temporary measure if I dont loose weight.
Please can you afvise me on what can be taken to curtail my constant hunger 7 then over filling mysely.
I am desperate and ask that you guide me.
P/s I have a huge calcaneal sour on my right foot and exercising like walking can be very painfull. I am using a soft type of heel cushion which only provides temporary relief. I also am taking daily 1x50mg Fort fenn tablet for the pains on my shoulders &  knees. Is This going to damage my kidneys? Pleas eadvise
many Thanks

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Richie,
given your weight and height, you do fall within a very concerning limit well within the morbidly obese range. This likely accounts for much of you secondary health complication, and you are, indeed, very lucky to not yet have a Type 2 diabetes. You certainly need to look at all the means by which you can control your caloric intake and I suggest that you consult with a registered dietitian who preferably specializes in morbid obesity and look at a sensible way in which to bring your weight down. Exercise is going to need to be carefully designed in light of your physical condition, and swimming might be an option you consider under the supervision of a biokinetisist. Another option you might want to consider is Bariatric (weight loss) surgery, but you will not qualify until your eating habits are normalized. You should consider consulting with a psychologist who specializes in the treatment of eating disorders to b supported towards eating more healthy and identifying the psychological triggers for your conscious overeating. Please email me if you would like to be referred to some specialists near you. Your first step might be to consult with a physician and/or endocrinologist to be physically assessed. I hope this guidance will precipitate some action on your side.
Regards,
Graham

1
Posted by: Eating Disorders Expert | 2011/09/18

Hello Richie,
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders Expert