Question
Posted by: Annie | 2010-04-14

Over eager pup

Good day Cyber vet,

Please could you try and help with the situation. My baby (a 5 year old male Yorkie- not neutered) has a tendency to hump his cousin, whi is in turn a +/- 7 year old Jack Russel male, who has been neutered. We don''t have a problem with any other dogs though. The Jackie having been neutered still finds the need to reflieve himself on the couch cushions as well as pillows! Then wWhen my Yorkie comes along and sniffs everything- I think this aggrevates the problem, I''m not sure if there is some sort of a scent that can be left after washing the things that might have an affect on my Yorkie. Please help, is there anything we can give him or do as I do not really want to put him through the pain of being neutered, if it is evident that it might not curb the problem, as it hasn''t with his cousin.
Thanking you in advance.

Dear Annie

At 5 years old the humping behaviour will have a big learn component and neutering him at that age will help a bit but not eliminate the behaviour completely.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010-04-17

Dear Annie

Reply to Cybervet