Question
Posted by: angel | 2009/11/17

OVER-CONTROLLING-LOVE

Im 12 years old. when we first went out i really liked him but weve been going out for almost two years. i really need advice of how to break up with him. he is a guy that loves me and doesnt want to let go. he is so irritating. he always wants me to come visit him, he forces me to do things i dont want to(keeps asking me to do it.), when we broke up a while ago he kept telling me that im his whole life, he doesnt wana leave me, he cries over me, he cant get over me etc and it makes me so mad! PLEASE HELP!!  ((

Sorry, but did you say you are 12, and have been going out with a guy for 2 years, that is, since age 10 ?? Either he could be arrested for this, or you meant 21 ? I hope it's the latter. If you're 12, just stop going out with men altogether.
He sounds immature and unstable, and a risky sort of guy to be going out with at all. A happy relationship probably doesn't lie ahead, but breaking up with someone like this can be risky, too. Maybe call an agency like POWA, as you seem to be describing an abusive relationship

4
Posted by: anon | 2009/11/19

You are far too young to be in any kind of relationship. Please think about this, you will be putting yourself at risk for far worse things like rape and drugs.

Reply to anon
Posted by: angel | 2009/11/18

no he isnt abusing me he is just controlling. hes a really nice guy but needs to learn to control himself and others. hes 14yrs old.

Reply to angel
Posted by: Woman | 2009/11/18

If you really are 12, you need to speak to your teachers at school or your mom or even childine about this immediately. You should not be in relationships! You should be having fun with your girl friends. Really, this is wrong in every way!

You have many many years to be grown up and have relationships, your childhood is so short, you truly should not be having a boyfriend now! How old is he?

It honestly sounds like you are being abused, darling. This is not something that should happen. In this country the law says that you must be 16 before you can have a relationship where sex is involved. If you are having sex, he is a pedophile and a rapist and he should be getting help, because he is sick.

Reply to Woman