Posted by: Worried | 2009-01-09

Over analyzing

Hi, lately my mind has been working overtime. I keep suspecting my boyfriend of cheating on me (but i know its my own mind playing tricks on me). I over analize EVERYTHING and i constantly feel tired and depressed. Sometimes i have all this guilty feelings. I feel my mind is running away with me and is overtaking my thoughts and life!!! I know this can' t be healthy. I feel down, tired, sleepless, low self esteem, suspicious most of the time and really sad inside. Where do i start the healing process?

Someone boobed and opened this forum much earlier than they had agreed, so it's only by accident that I have discovered your message and been able to answer it during my "holiday" !
Seeing a personal counsellor would be helpful for you, but first a shrink's careful assessment of the situation. Perhaps you are developing a depression or anxiety disorder --- and these often exaggerate things within our personality such as a tendency to be obsesive and over-think things. So start with assessment and diagnosis, and then discuss treatment options, which might include counselling and perhaps some medication, too.