Question
Posted by: Yasmine | 2011/01/17

over active thyroid

Hi Doc,
I would like to find out if there is any herbal medication l can safly use instead of going for the iodene and radium treatment? I am allergic to fish and am afraid to go for the treatment because of this.
Your input would be appreciated.
Thank you .
YAsmine

Dear Yasmine
I am sorry to hear that you suffer from hyperthyroidism which is a tricky condition to control and which can have devastating effects on your health. If you are scared to have the treatment with iodine then PLEASE contact your medical doctor who is treating you immediately and tell him about the fact that you are allergic to fish. A fish allergy does not necessarily mean that you are allergic to iodine - you could be allergic to a protein in certain types of fish. But you MUST discuss this with the dr because the sooner your can have your thyroid treated properly the better for your health and well-being. No herbal medications will stop your thyroid gland from overreacting and use of such products may even worsen the situation.
Please see your dr ASAP and talk about your fears and the fish allergy.
Holding thumbs that you can have the treatment soon.

1

Dear Yasmine