Question
Posted by: Emily | 2009-03-04

Over active thyroid

I have just been diagnosed with an over active thyroid and the docter has advised me to go onto the pill. Why is this? And how long will I have to wait before I can be pregnant. I am on NeoMercazole at the moment and have not had any further treatment. I have heard that radioactive iodine can make me infertile. Is this true and if so what would be the best treatment for this be.

I am currently two days late on my period and am not sure if it is from the medication as we only had anel sex over the time I was ovulating. Can you fall pregnant like this?

Your doctor has probably put you on the Pill so that you do not fall pregnant till the problem is sorted out. Radiocative iodine does not make you infertile, though you should not concieve for several months after the treatment. If the Neomercazole controls things, that would be fine.
You will not fall pregnant from anal sex, but there is sperm in the pre-ejaculate if any of this was in the vagina.

3
Posted by: Emily | 2009-03-05

Maybe the second part was not explained properly. We had normal sex but he only cummed at the end while we were in anel position.

I have heard that there is like a bit of cum that comes out before a guy comes. Could this make you pregnant.

I am now two days late. Could it just be the overactive thyroid or maybe the medication. I do not want to get every one all excited and worried if it is not possible for me to be pregnant.

Reply to Emily
Posted by: Huh | 2009-03-04

Can you fall pregnant from anal sex? Was that your question? Help us if it was....

Reply to Huh
Posted by: Murtle | 2009-03-04

I know when I was diagnosed many years ago. The doctor also told me I must not fall pregnant. I cant remember what medication I was on. I have been cured. I think the medication can cause deformities. Rather get your thyroid under control because being pregnant just irritates it more

Reply to Murtle