Posted by: Hopeful | 2009-07-22

Ovary Cyst - is it possible to have a 3rd one in 10 months ??

A bit of background: Last year September my husband and I decided we wanted to try and conceive. I went to the gynae and had my Mirena removed after 3 years. My gynae then discovered I had a very large cyst (8cm x 5 cm with a ridge). As I only have one ovary we decided to first try the Pill before thinking of surgically removing it. I was on the Yasmin pill for 3 months and on my check up fortunately found that the cyst had disappeared. Back to TTC in Jan. In Feb I had a very short period (1 day) and in March nothing. Went back to the Doc after experiencing pain near my ovary. Once again on the scan he discovered a cyst again. April back on the pill. Finished the pill mid June and had my first period on the 18th June (2 days).

Been using OPK and BBT and established I ovulated on CD14. Since 4DPO I again started experiencing pain near my ovary. Put this down to possible implantation or that it was leading up to my period. Had my period the 13th July. Only 2 days (first day, dark with clotting and my evening almost stopped, the second day very light almost pink with no clotting). Been experiencing pain near my ovary all this time and am now CD9. Pain comes and goes, and sometimes lingers for quite some time.

Could this be a cyst again ?? So soon ??

I am desperate to start trying to conceive but can’ t see how if this is a cyst again I never get a gap to start !

Any advice would be appreciated.

I think that you should start off doing a pregnancy test. You seem to have had a very light 'period' which could have been an implantation bleed.