Question
Posted by: cathy | 2011-07-29

Ovary and Bladder

Hi there,
I went to see my Gynea and she saw on the Scan that my right ovary has grown attached to my bladder (i had a sterilization 2 years ago so not sure it this could be the cause). She then told me that i will have to have surgery to remove the ovary from the bladder. Will i have to have a hysterectomy because of this or will they just be able to separate the two. I am 30 and would not like to have a full hysterectomy at this stage. I do have slight pain in my right lower back and abdominal pain from time to time and i also sometimes have pain with intercourse - this is apparently from the ovary attached to the bladder. But i just want to know what will happen if i do not have the surgery at all - except for the pain i am having now.

I don't think anything will happen if you don't have the surgery, other than that you may still have the pain. A hysterectomy should not be necessary.