Question
Posted by: samantha naidoo | 2010-07-13

ovarian problems

About 3 years ago my surgeon told me after an operation that my ovaries on the left hand side were in bad condition. He suggested I have them removed. But I decided instead to have another baby. The pain is not constant but can be unbearable at times. What can I do to help with the pain. My baby is now two years old, and I am not keen on having the ovaries removed.

I am not sure what is meant by bad condition. Is this a result of an infection, endometriosis or something else?

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-07-17

Posted by: DJ | 2010-07-15

Hi Samantha
I had my left ovary removed in 2002/2003because it was twisted and the size o a golf ball and had pain on the left side that I just coudnt bare.
Doc said it had to be done.I didnt have chance to go for a second opinion because I was in so much pain.
I got married in 2005 and gave birth to a healthy baby boy in 2006...with no complications and also i fell pregnant quite quickly(had been on the Pill since my op)
we are now trying for no.2 and its now going for the 3rd mnth and I think I am Pregnant.....keeping my fingers crossed.
So maybe(just a thought) that having one ovary is not that bad....if u cant live with the pain i mean....
but it is upto u...
good luck with ur decision...

Reply to DJ