Question
Posted by: Emma | 2011/11/05

ovarian Pain after Laparoscopy

I had a laporoscopy to remove endometriosis earlier this year. |I was put on a 12 month course of Yasmin, which I''ve stopped taking because it made me feel severely depressed. I''ve been having extremely strong pain in the region of my left ovary.

I know that my Gynae mentioned that I would have to have another laparoscopy next year to keep an eye on my condition.

Is this really necessary? I know it''s not a big procedure, but I dont really want to spend more time in hospital. Is there perhaps an alternative treatment that I can try?

The pain may well be residual endometriosis or a recurrence of the endometriosis, especially if you stopped the Pill. Alternative treatments for endometriosis are Depo Provera or Tridomose.

1