Question
Posted by: concerned daughter | 2012-01-19

Ovarian Laparotomy

Hi Doc,
Hope you are well.

I wonder if you can help me, my mom is 60 and they have discovered a 20cm " mass"  on her ovary.
she is having an Ovarian Laparotomy and hysterectomy tomorrow, I''m just wondering what to expect post op - you know an estimate on recovery time, how long shouldn''t she do certain stuff, what should she do ie: is walking better or is lying down etc etc. She is in a government hospital and the doctors aren''t very helpful when it comes to information.
Please help me

She should not do any work, lifting, pushing for 6 weeks. She will probably go home on Day 4 or 5 and should take things easy - resting a lot and walking a little bit to the toilet,etc, for the first 10 days. Then she can gradually start doing more but listening to her body.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-01-23