Question
Posted by: MK | 2012-02-14

Ovarian Cysts

My husband and i have been trying for our third child since August last year. My periods are normally on time (30 days with spotting two days before the actual period), but in January they were 10days late. Last week i felt a sharp argonising pain (labour like) but on my left ovary. I was rushed to the doctor, and was diagoned with a 4.5mm functional ovarian cyst on my left ovary. He referred me to a Gynae, who said it must be drained as its too big. I decided to seek alternative opinion (Homeopathy) as i''ve had friends that were operated for this and they almost yearly have to re-drain the cysts and 1 was actually told that the cyst has caused some cancer and they have to completely remove both ovaries.

Im currently using homeopath complex to shrink the cyst.
Can my cyst impede on me falling preganant? If i do get my periods, will that mean the cyst has ratured?

The cyst can interfere with your hormones and thus interfere with falling pregnant. Getting your periods will not mean that the cyst has disappeared.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-02-16