Posted by: cat | 2011-05-31

Ovarian Cysts

Almost two years ago my son was born by c section. I had the spinal and the dr (our GP) was also doing a sterilization (my choice). My baby was born and while the dr was doing the sterilization i started having very bad pain on the right side, i told the dr and he tested other areas but i could not feel anything anywhere else so i was not getting any feeling back from the Spinal yet. Afterwards the dr told me that there was a cyst on my ovary and when he touched is while doing the sterilization the cyst burst - this is where i felt the pain . Apparently he put a stitch on the cyst and left it there as it will go away by itself. It is now almost two years ago but it is still sometimes a bit sensitive where i felt he pain while still on the operating table - is this normal. I recently when for my yearly check up and the dr saw on the scan that there is now a cyst on my left ovary as well but he says it is normal and i should not worry about it. I just want to check because i am a bit worried. Is it normal to have cysts on the ovaries or should i rather go to a Gynae to check it out?

It is normal to have small clear cysts. These come and go throughout the cycle but, if you have not seen a gynaecologist for a long time, this may be a good idea.