Question
Posted by: in pain | 2011/01/06

ovarian cysts?

Hi Doctor, i had my period last week at which time i went to the doctor to be treated for what we thought was a bladder infection - he gave me antibiotics and i was fine. however i have had this pain in my lower area extending around my back. Last night i could not sleep because the pain was so bad. It seemed a bit better this morning however it is still sore Went back to the doc today he checked my urine and said i dont have any infection there he has put me on another 5 days of antibiotics and if the pain doesnt go away after 5 days he will send me for a scan. He said i may have ovarian cysts etc. I am in too much pain to wait 5 days i am trying to get an app with my gynae but the earliest he can see me is 10 Feb. How can i determine what this pain is? Thank you

You really need an examination by a doctor to determine the cause of the pain. You can go to Casualty if the pain is severe.

2

Posted by: Nan | 2011/01/07

Go to ER and get it checked there if you are in so much pain - they will assist. Dont wait till Feb.

Reply to Nan