Posted by: Helen | 2009-03-23

Ovarian Cysts

I am on the injection, so don' t get a period. I have also had endometriosis and had surgery for that, but still some remains in places not operable. I have had very painful ovaries (especially right one) for the past 2 weeks. Is it possible to still get ovarian cysts if you don' t have a period? Sex is also becoming increasingly painful with my partner. Any ideas? Should i see my gynae?

It is possible to have cysts even if you don't have periods. There could also be another cause for the pain,so see your gynaecologist.

Posted by: Buhle | 2009-03-24

I Agree with Tlou, I had Cystistic ovaries for about two years and my GP suggested I take a contraceptive pill for a few months and see what happenes after three months i went for a sonor didnt have a cyst and right after i stoped i was pregnant. So really have it checked out and maybe change from injection to a pill maybe its not a cyst but something else.

Good Luck.

Reply to Buhle
Posted by: tlou | 2009-03-24

Yes it is possible. I was so irregular and had abdominal pains and that' s when my gynae discovered that IK had cysts. Please have it checked asap. Sometimes I woud not have periods for 3 months and I was not on any contraceptive.

Reply to tlou