Question
Posted by: L | 2008/11/20

Ovarian cysts

I have an cyst on my left ovary. Gynae prescribed Celebrex and Provera. I started medication last night and since then have an uncomfortable feeling in my abdomen  is this normal? I would also like to know please what causes cysts and what one can do to avoid cysts reoccuring? L

I doubt that the discomfort is from the medication. Most cysts are persistence of normal cyclical cysts and are hormone related. there isn't much you can do to prevent recurrences, though they are less likely to occur on the Pill.