Posted by: Melonie | 2011-11-21

Ovarian Cyst or Colon (IBS)

Pain on lefthand side in vacinity of colon and ovary. Abdomen swollen, pain when lifting up left leg. Have small cycst on left ovary, doctors say that won''t be reason for pain and discomfort.
Do not have other symptoms for IBS. Had pain for few weeks then went away for few weeks now it''s back round the same time I have extra stress with the loss of a family member and some work stress.

I suggest that you consult a general surgeon for an examination. Possibilities include viral lymph adenitis, pelvic inflammatory disease and a referred pain from apendisitis. You will need an examination, blood tests and a pelvic ultrasound to have a proper diagnosis made.