Question
Posted by: Guj1 | 2011/01/11

Ovarian Cyst

Hi Doc, today I went to see a gynae because since the end of November to date I''''ve been feeling some pains just below my abdomen and I went for check up. Then the doctor found a 3cm cyst and he prescribed Celebrex for pain because I get pains often. He said he doesn''''t suggest it to be removed as yet and I should come back in 4 weeks for it to b checked again and I''''m not sure if I should still be sitting with this thing. I wanted your advice as to what to do because I''''m really not comfortable with it inside of me.Please help.

Dear Guj1

A 3cm cyst is a common occurrence and you should not get overly concerned. The management thus far is correct.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/01/14

Dear Guj1

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Guj1 | 2011/01/11

Thanks doc for the advice I''ll wait and see if it grows by the time I go for my next appointment.

Reply to Guj1
Posted by: Anne | 2011/01/11

The cyst won''t do much to you at only 3cm except cause pain and discomfort. A cyst is basically skin filled with fluid which forms a " finger"  shaped growth inside.
It''s not dangerous or neccesary to remove untill it gets to over 4cm, and often women get cysts without even knowing that they have them.
80% of the time these cysts go away by themselves.
Don''t panic about it, it really isn''t going to kill you.

Reply to Anne