Question
Posted by: nikita | 2010/11/16

ovarian cyst

can i use contraceptive tablets for ovarian cyst? i remember last year i went to the doctor and he gave me some but i think the cyst is still there. during my period i had clots and heavy periods that lasted for 2 -3 months
pls help

Contraceptive pills can shrink cysts, but it would be important to confirm whether or not there is a cyst and what type of cyst it is.

2

Posted by: Jenna | 2010/11/16

Hi, my gynae says that one of the functions of the pill is to stop ovulation, because it is quite common to get cysts during ovulation so I would say yes. Phone your doc and ask for a prescription.

Reply to Jenna