Posted by: Peyton Scott | 2010-04-07

Ovarian cyst?

Hi there. For three months, around my period, I have been sensing a sharp pain near my pelvis. I mentioned it to my GP and he told me it could be an ovarian cyst. But he didn''t seem to be that concerned. For the same time period, I''ve been experiencing constant nausea that''s accompanied by a slight dull headache and sometimes also a feeling of weakness. I have also gained so much weight over the past two months, when just five months ago I had lost about 5kg. My face seems constantly to be puffy. Could this be due to the cyst? And why does my GP seem to think it''s not that serious? I suffer from IBS, so at first I ascribed these symptoms to that condition. But lately I seem to be feeling far worse.

Peyton Scott

I strongly suggest that you consult your gynae for an examination, pelvic ultrasound, pap smear and a full hormonal profile.

Posted by: Peyton Scott | 2010-04-07

Thanks P.
I stopped taking the pill (MInulette) just before these symptoms began. Wonder if that had anything to do with it? Think I''ll go see my GP again...

Reply to Peyton Scott
Posted by: P | 2010-04-07

Hi there. It could possibly be a cyst. I have quite a big one (gynae saw on a scan - perhaps you should have a scan). He has put me on the pill Nordette for a month - says this should clear it up quickly. Thinking about it, I''ve also put on about 3 kgs in a short time. Maybe I''ll google.

Reply to P