Posted by: Pregnant mom | 2009-10-06

Ovarian Cyst

I' ve been told I have a loculated cyst on my ovary that' s over 10cm big...can anyone give some advice on this? Or share experiences. Thank you.

It sounds like it will need removal. The timing will depend on your symptoms and how far pregnant you are.

Posted by: Tasja | 2009-10-07

I had a cyst the first 3 mnths of my pregnancy.My Gynae drained it with a spinal needle when it was 6 cm.Said it was too big and could burst.Then he gave me progesterone for a week thereafter.Because he says that as cyst in the beginning of a pregnancy sustains the pregnancy,and if it no longer is there,there might be a change for miscarraige.At about 10-11 weeks it dissapeard.Was very stressfull for me!And he said that if i experience any pain i should see him emmidiatly,because the cyst could move sideways or something and press on a bloodvessel and stop bloodflow and all such stuff.
Scary,but more tahn likely you wont have any problems!Good luck.I just shared my experience!

Reply to Tasja