Question
Posted by: J | 2008/07/02

Ovarian Cyst

Is it possible to fall pregnant with an ovarian cyst?I stopped the pill in mid March this year with the hope of falling pregnant , however in May doc advised I had a cyst 3.5cm on my right ovary and advised to go back on the pill for 3 months. I also had irregular bleeding so I was put on provera&cyklokapron. I will be turning 29 years in November and I don't want to wait much longer. Is it possible for the cyst to completely disappear or would it prevent me from falling pregnant?

Dear J
Ovarian cyst of the size that you have mentioned, is quiet a frequent occurrence and should resolve with the medication you have been prescribed. In general, the cause of the cyst needs to be established and should such cysts recur frequently,then they may indeed interfere with chances of conception. This particularly is the case if the cysts are related to ovulation dysfunction.

1
Posted by: kadija | 2008/07/08

Respected doctor
iam of 18 yrs old and waiting for a baby since 2 yrs.my periods are regular.once i shown to a gynae and she made ultrasound scan and said i have PCOD and told me to take metformin tablets for 3 months.then no result.how can i concieve?

Reply to kadija