Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2012-01-12

ovarian cancer

My sister was diagnosed with ovarian cancer- they operated and removed bothe ovaries ( three tumors , one the size of a bowling ball) and her uterus, etc. they didnt find aything on her intestines etc. she was diagnosed with stage 2. She then refused chemo as the gyn onc suggested. (to kill microscopic cells) she then lived a healthy vegetarian lifestyle but had a very stressfull job enviroment, wich then led to the healthy lifestlye not being so healthy. she has put on a bit of weight since- its been 2 years since the operation. She also has not gone for the 3 monthly ca125 tests. I just want to know more or less- how long does it take to start grwoing- IF IT WILL DEFINITELY?? and what the prognosis could be. I know its a long shot, and it differs person to person, but i just need something, please.

thank you

It really depends on the details of the grade, the type of cancer and where it had spread to. 20-40% of patients with Stage 2 ovarian cancer will die in 5 years despite treatment, so a higher number if there has not been full treatment. Obviously you don't know if anything may nor may not be growing in your sister because she has not gone for follow-ups.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-01-13