Question
Posted by: sister in law | 2010-05-30

Ovarian Cancer

My brother in law phone my husband and said my sister in law has ovarian cancer and asked us to make an appointment with a gynea. They are from Zambia and he will fly her in. They don''t have medical aid and will have to pay . I''m trying to get enough information from him in order to discuss with the gynea. He has send me copies of scans.
How is ovarian cancer diagnosed? Through scans? And how is it treated.

Ovarian cancer can be suspected on scan though the diagnosis is only made at surgery. The treatment is surgery with or without chemotherapy afterwards.