Question
Posted by: Advice | 2009-03-25

Ovalution tips

Im trying to fall pregnant - I worked out my ovalation /fertile dates, it is in two weeks. Is there any medication i can use to help me ovalute? Or is it a nuatural thing.
If i do get something will it help if using it for only 1 &  half weeks?
Injection? Tablets? Should i only use or my husband as well?

Dear Advice

I would suggest in the first instance to rule out any other factors, which may be contributing to the fertility problem such as tubal blockage or sperm related factors. In a patient who is ovulating naturally and normally fertility need not be assisted unless there is an added factor. Therefore careful evaluation should be considered before starting ovulation induction treatment. If investigations suggest that there is an ovulation problem then certainly ovulation induction agents can be considered such as Clomid, Fertomid, Serophene, etc. the use of supplements without definite indication is to be discouraged and should be considered only if all other factors have been thoroughly excluded. There is very little literature evidence to suggest that in the female the use of supplements will clearly promote fertility. There may be some merit in case of males with sub-fertile semen and if used for the correct indication.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: mabebeza | 2009-03-27

hi my advise is go and see a gynae he/she will prescribe some tablets for you cause the one that i know, it only comes with gynae`s prescribtion, its called CLOMID

Reply to mabebeza