Question
Posted by: Me | 2010/02/05

Outosominal dominant genetic disorder

My husband and my mother in law have a rare autosomal dominant hypotrichosis disorder. It only causes space hair on the boday and scalp, with no other associated problems. It is tranferred from male to female etc. We have 2 sons, who do not have it, but we' re pregnant for a third time now and ofcourse there is the possibility that it may be a little girl. What is the chance of her having the phenotype?

Thanx!

Unfortunately, I am unable to comment on your problem but I suggest that you discuss this with a geneticist.