Question
Posted by: soft | 2011/10/07

outer appearance

Hi. Can someone become a ''harder'' person? I come across as very soft, my gestures, the way I talk, my mannerisms and people tend to get the wrong end of the stick. Inside Im not that soft, its just the outer appearance. How do I change this, can it be changed? Thanks.

Why change the sort of person you are ? You seem bothered by the perceptions of others, that they perceive you are more "soft" than you actually are. In what way does that create problems ? - do they try to explot you, or what ?
CBT is good at changing your behaviour if it needs changing, and at helping you decide whether i does.
And sorry, folks, I don't consider the new edition of Shane Warne "metro", merely utterly pathetic

8

Posted by: Man | 2011/10/07

Hi Soft
Even though you reveal you are a female the advice l have given is still relevant and applicable.

Reply to Man
Posted by: Asking | 2011/10/07

How do people get the wrong end of the stick? Women are supposed to be soft, how does this cause problems in every day life?

Reply to Asking
Posted by: Vaal Donkie | 2011/10/07

Imagine you''re a character in a movie. Say and do things the way that character would, but tone it down a bit. I usually do half a james Bond.

Just don''t try to be like Jim Carey.

Reply to Vaal Donkie
Posted by: Liza | 2011/10/07

CBT-style therapy is great for kicking bad habits and replacing them with good habits. Your mannerisms and the way you behave are just bad habits that can be replaced.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: soft | 2011/10/07

Im a female....

Reply to soft
Posted by: Woman | 2011/10/07

Metro men are very in - look at Shane Warne. You just need 2 find a Liz Hurley?

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Man | 2011/10/07

Yes a limp wrist can be straightend, a voice can be deepened and clothes changed to lumberjack shirts ,jeans and hobnail boots.
Swear a lot,talk rgby and drink beer - problem solved!

Reply to Man