Posted by: Claire | 2008-12-05

Outdoor fitness program

I live in the country and need help to design a weight loss and fitness program that can be done outdoors. I have access to a pool and little weights as well as my heart rate monitor and watch. I am relatively fit as I am a member of Virgin Active but will be too far away next year to attend.

I have looked at all the workout options but they all include gym machines. I am a member of Weighless so my eating is fine, I just am desperate for an outdoor fitness program so that I can get into shape before I get married!

Any suggestions?

Dear Claire
There is absolutely no need for anyone to attend a gym for the purposes of getting regular daily exercise. Ask your instructor at Virgin Active to give you a programme of exercises that you can do: a) with your weights and b) without them (lunges, sit-ups, etc) to firm and tone your body. Then do anyone or all 3 of the following aerobic exercises on a daily basis: 1) brisk walking or jogging, 2) swimming, 3) skipping. These are 3 wonderful aerobic exercises that you can use for burning energy to reduce weight. Do at least 30 min a day of such aerobic exercise and you will get into stunning shape.
Wishing you all of the best for your wedding