Question
Posted by: fancy | 2009/08/17

outbreak of pimples

When ever I wax my lip or pluck I get am outbreak of pimples. Why is that and how do I stop that from happening?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Fancy, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response but I was away presenting a talk for Longevity magazine.

You are most probably suffering from a folliculitis (inflammation of the follicles) with a resultant infection. One needs to make sure that the wax is not too hot and to help minimize the effect of the inflammation an over the counter cortisone cream can be applied in the first 24 hours. It would also be a good idea to apply an antibacterial cream such as Bactroban.