Question
Posted by: abba | 2010/09/01

osteoporsis scan

I am 59 and overweight, moderately active. No bone problems in me that I know about.
Is there any need for me to have a bone scan? It seems to have become fashionable for women my age to have regular bone scans.

Hallo Abba
It is always good to have at least one bone scan after menopause just to see whether you are at risk of osteoporosis and fractures. Luckily, women that are overweight have higher esterogen levels due to the esterogen saved in the fat layer (who said being overweight is always bad? :-) and have less risk of getting fractures due to osteoporosis

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/01

Hallo Abba