Posted by: Shaffie Shaik | 2012-02-28

Hi. My mum is 64 yrs. After a fracture of her right foot and bone density screening it was discovered that my mum has osteoporosis. For the past 2 years she has been taking Calmag vitamin tablets but it seems without proper medication her condition had deteriorated. She is currently on treatment for Osteoporosis and was prescribed Osteobone70mg. (to be taken once a week)

Kindly advise whether it is advisable for her to contnue taking calmag the day after taking Ostebone medication.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Shaffie
She can either skip her calcium on the day that she takes the Osteobon or take it with her evening meal- as long as it is taken long after her Osteobon as the calcium can inhibit the Osteobon's absorption.