Posted by: Elsa | 2009-02-02

I like to know if there is a connection between osteoporosis and osteoatritis. Is it two different things. Please let me know.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Elsa
Osteoporosis affects the bones and it becomes porous and therefore more susceptible to fractures, whereas osteoarthritis affects the joints causing stiffness and discomfort- it is therefore two totally different entities, but one can have both. Osteoarthritis is usually the effect of the wear and tear changes we experience as we get older.

Posted by: Healthy Bones Expert | 2009-02-09

Beste Elsabe
Bel asb die Osteoporose Stigting by 021 9317894 sodat ek ' n bietjie meer van jou kan uitvind en beter advies kan gee.

Reply to Healthy Bones Expert
Posted by: elsabe | 2009-02-06

My beendigtheid val in die osteopeniese gebied. Ek wil graag weet en hoe ernstig hierdie toestand is. Ek verstaan dat dit nog nie osteoporose is nie, maar wat is die verskil? Dan wil ek ook weet of Osteobon vir hierdie toestand sal help.

Reply to elsabe