Posted by: sam | 2011-06-17

I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis. The pain is constant in my knee, and painkillers have minimal effect.

I have had a basic xray that shows OA

The specialist said something about a piece of bone or something may have come loose in the joint. I am not sure exacly what he said as there was too much info in a short period.

Assuming this is correct - what is the best way of determining if this is a loose piece of materail that can be removed, and what is involved thereafter ?

A CT scan of your knee will provide all the information that is needed to make a proper diagnosis and if necessary an artroscopy can be done to remove the piece of cartlidge surgically.