Question
Posted by: sally | 2011-02-16

Osteoarthritis

I was diagnosed with an MRI Lumber spine scan with osteoarthritis in the UK a few years ago an now back in SA, i find when im trying to to crunches for my stomach, i feel chronic back pain, take a lot of anti inflammatory or vulteran injections where at times im bedridden for a week... is it is adviseable to do crunches for stomach an lifting of legs to firm up and all that??

thanks doc

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Sally,
Any exercise that aggravates your symptoms should be avoided. You need to consult with a biokinetisist for an appropriate exercise and see an osteopath to help you manage your back pain