Question

Osteoarthritis

Dear Expert,

I suffer from osteoarthritis in both hips - the right one is worse and will probably be replaced in the not-too-distant future. I am ok and don' t really need medication, but I do struggle with sleep - is there a good position that will minimise my discomfort?

Expert ImageArchive

Hello,
You can't change the position you sleep in as this remains constant throughout our lives. But try puting a pillow either under or between the knees. Whether you have an operation on not invest in a stationary bike and cycle 5mins daily at a relaxed pace. This will improve function of your hips.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath