Question
Posted by: Louis rutherford | 2010-08-17

Orthopaedics -Hemiarthoplasty

I had a hemi some 3 months ago and the tubero-sities are not attached and I don''t have a rotator cuff any more   what will be the prognosis as regards the future use of my right arm? Many thanks, Louis.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Dear Louis,

If the r
tuberosities are not attached and the rotator cuff is absent your function will not improve. You don't mention your age but for older people with this problem we suggest the implantation of a Reverse prosthesis . You may look at our website : www.shoulderinstitute.co.za for more information

2
Posted by: Louis Rutherford | 2010-08-20

Thanks for the reply.Even though my turbero-sities are not attached and I have no rotator cuff, my range of movement without gravity is good. Does this mean I will be able to have this good range of motion with gravity?
I am 63 years of age.

My main restrictions still are not being able to raise my right arm to comb my hair or to put my hand out of the car window to get a parking ticket, will I be able to do this eventually? Thanks again.

Reply to Louis Rutherford
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010-08-19

Dear Louis,

If the r

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum