Question
Posted by: Melissa | 2010/04/12

Orphaned Kitten SOS

I have an orphaned kitten. I don''t know how old he is. His eyes are open, but can''t really see yet, ears are open, and is starting to teath. He cries constantly. What replacement milk can I give him? Ideal Milk? Should I dilute it with water? How much? He has not defecated at all since I got him on Friday. That is a problem I know. What can I do? Should I give him some ProNutro ( original )? I have been giving him cows milk, not box milk, but straight from the cow. I have been keeping him reasonably warm. We don''t have a vet nearby for me to consult. I have been stimulating him to urinate and defecate, he only urinates. He was abandoned in the near by location.

You can try sloppy diluted kitten food, but kitty milk works best. Phone your nearest vetshop and ask if they have stock available.

4
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/16

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Anny | 2010/04/14

We received a little kitten like that. In the beginning we fed him Ideal Milk diluted in a little bit of water. To stimulate the kitty to defecate, stroke his tummy gently, from head to bottom, slowly and softly. He also digest''s the milk faster. Make sure you feed the kitty every 3 hr''s/or when the kitty asks for it. Keep kitty warm and safe.
It worked well with him, but all cats are different.

This is only advice, consult you vet first.
Goodluck.

Reply to Anny
Posted by: Chill | 2010/04/12

Why don''t you try googling " hand-rearing kitten"  - there is a lot of information out there.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Candi | 2010/04/12

Hi, The best would be to go to the vet, they have a replacement milk for such cases, it is usually not that expensive and works well. Dont forget to stimulate the kitten to wee and pooo!

Reply to Candi